There are many types of racing and can be categorized as follows:
(1) Rally Racing: Rallying involves racing in off-road areas where general people don’t drive their vehicles. The drivers and the co-drivers rally at some point and then leave the spot at regular intervals to attain a specific point. The drivers and their co-drivers can explore the track beforehand to be able to have a better idea of the roads. The co-drivers help the drivers to choose the best possible way to attain the destination. World Rally Championship is typically the most popular championship in this type of race.
(2) Single-seater Racing: That is one of the most famous motor sports and involves lots of specially designed high-speed cars. They’re auto parts open-wheels cars and generally the cars have aerofoil wings in the front and in addition to rear to truly have a better adhesion to the track. Formula One is a World Championship that’s now recognized to every motor sport enthusiast. This championship is the greatest degree of motor sport and every car racer desires to take part in this competition.
(3) Ice Racing: This type of racing takes invest snow or on frozen lakes. Obvious requirement for such race is extreme weather conditions and this motor sport generally takes invest high latitudes. These cars involve full rubber and studded tires for a better adhesion.
(4) Touring Car Racing: This type of race involves highly modified production cars and it is comparatively slower compared to the sports vehicle racing or the single-seater racing. The most used championship is the World Touring Car Championship.
(5) Stock Car Racing: This type of car racing resembles Touring car racing and is definitely an American version of the same. The vehicle racing series popular in this type of racing is the NASCAR. That is generally conducted on ovals and the cars used in racing are similar to production cars but are specifically built for racing.
(6) Drag Racing: Drag racing involves completing a specific distance in the shortest possible time. Generally this distance is 400 m and the range of cars participating in this race can be everyday car to high class racing cars. This will depend which type of car will be useful for drag racing as a block racing car can cover 400m in 15 sec and the same distance can be covered by a specially designed fuel dragster car in 4.5 sec.
(7) Sports Car Racing: Sports car racing takes invest a closed circuit and in this race, purpose-built cars and sports cars production versions contend with each other. This race is particularly for long distances like 1000km and that’s why this race involves more than one driver switching between them.
(8) Off-road Racing: The name tells all of it, the racing of some modified cars takes place off road i.e. from city traffic. Off road famous championship series is CORR.
(9) Hill Climbing: This type of race involves racing for the best time completion. The cars need to climb the extremely steep hills and the automobile with the very best completion time is the winner.
(10) Kart Racing: Generally, most motor sport enthusiasts start their career from Kart racing. The racing tracks are very small and the karts used in the race are very different from the conventional cars that run on roads.